Most businesses have at least had a conversation about cloud computing. From there, knowing your options is key. A hybrid cloud is a computing environment that combines on-premises infrastructure with public cloud services. This allows your business to take advantage of the best of both worlds: the flexibility and scalability of the public cloud, with the security and control of on-premises infrastructure. So why are businesses adopting this solution and why should you go hybrid cloud?
Hybrid Cloud Benefits Regardless of Size
There are a number of reasons why businesses are adopting hybrid cloud. Some of the most common benefits include:
- Increased agility and innovation: This solution allows your business to quickly scale resources up or down as needed, which can help you respond to changing market conditions and launch new products and services more quickly.
- Improved scalability and performance: A hybrid solution can help you improve the scalability and performance of your applications by moving them to the cloud.
- Reduced costs: Hybrid cloud can help any business reduce IT costs by mixing and matching on-premises and cloud resources to meet specific needs.
- Enhanced security and compliance: Going hybrid allows your business to create a more secure environment for your data and applications by using a combination of on-premises and cloud resources. Additionally, many hybrid cloud providers offer a variety of security features and compliance certifications.
- Better disaster recovery and business continuity: This solution can help improve disaster recovery and business continuity plans by providing a backup site for data and applications in the cloud.
The Financial Value of Going Hybrid Cloud
Making the switch can offer significant operational and financial value for businesses of all sizes. According to Gartner, 80% of enterprises will have adopted a hybrid cloud strategy by 2025. This is because it can help businesses:
- Reduce IT costs by up to 20%
- Improve agility and innovation by up to 30%
- Enhance security and compliance posture by up to 40%
Choosing the Right Solution
When choosing the right solution, it is important to consider your business needs and requirements. Some of the factors to consider include:
- The types of applications and data that will be hosted in the hybrid environment
- The required level of security and compliance
- Available budget
- Scalability and performance requirements
It is also important to evaluate different providers. When evaluating, consider the following factors:
- The range of services offered
- The pricing structure
- The level of support provided
- The security and compliance features offered
Now You Know. It’s Time to Go.
Whether you’ve already started talking cloud internally or this is the first you’ve heard of it, we can help. Reach out to PKA today and start the conversation here. We’re always listening and can help you make the best decision for your business.