The Network Support Engineer is an internal and customer facing technical resource. This candidate should have some experience with supporting, troubleshooting, designing, installing, and configuring IT networking solutions. This role is on site, located at the HQ office in Montvale, NJ.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Internal IT Support:
- Provide ongoing support of PKA’s IT network systems and endpoint devices.
- Presales Technical Support:
- Provide field installation and configuration of products and solutions
- Provide sales support by creating configurations based on customer requests and presenting solutions to our customers
- Address technical questions.
- Maintain required technical certifications and stay current on developments and trends in the industry.
- A technical aptitude with one to two years technology background, experience supporting computer hardware, software applications or solutions preferred
- Analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in addition to strong listening skills
- Ability to build strong rapport, establish trust and credibility through a consultative approach, and balance assertive sales follow-up without being overly aggressive
- A self-starter who can effectively work within a strong team culture
- Time Management skills — able to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Must be able to travel to PKA offices and customer sites to perform their duties
- Bachelor’s degree in networking, information technology, computer science, or relevant field is a must
- Knowledge of Aruba networks, Cisco networks, Palo Alto firewalls, are a plus