The Solution Architect is a client facing, pre-sales engineer who acts as a value added technical advocate for clients. A solution architect is responsible for understanding clients’ business requirements as they pertain to IT infrastructure, qualifying opportunities and creating designs that match the requirements with appropriate hardware, software and professional services. This role builds the required presales collateral to represent the solution including, but not limited to, At-A-Glance documents, HLDs (High Level Design), BOMs (Bill of Materials), Product Quotes (with pricing), LOEs (Level of Efforts), Client Proposals and SOWs (Statements of Work). This role entails the following responsibilities; , collaborating with other LOB experts as required to address client need, presenting the proposed solution to the client, ensuring the sale is made and overseeing the delivery of these solutions all while maximizing profit. Lastly, the solution architect role requires the person builds and maintains a healthy relationship with key business partners (OEMs, subcontractors, service providers) in the assigned districts and regions they support.
This individual should have deep subject matter expertise of solutions in at least one technology domain (Storage, Compute, Network or Security). Is an expert in “Art of the Deal” for that domain, sequencing activities and deliverables to the client to value sell, earn trust and enhance margin. Has a generalized understanding of technology solutions in adjacent domains. Is considered a thought leader and develops IP & collateral for a single domain. They are proficient at selling and positioning implementation and advisory services for a single domain and are capable of understanding where multi-domain strategic and advisory services fit for their clients’ needs.
- Client Facing Sales Support – Work with sales account team, interfacing directly with clients. Build trusted advisor relationships, understand clients business challenges and proposing solutions
- Develop High Level Designs and Architectures – Create and document architectures that address client business problems which can be used to ensure a smooth transition from presales to delivery
- Create Proposals – Develop BOMs (Bill of Materials), Product Quotes, SOWs (Statements Of Work), At-a-glance documents, business cases and RFP responses
- Sales Planning – Work with management and sales teams to develop account prioritization and support strategies that will ensure a long term trusted relationship status
- Partner Relationship Management – Develop healthy and trusted relationships with key partners in the geography