Technical Support Engineers (“TSE”) are responsible for installation and basic configuration of Manufacturers servers, storage, and network products. The TSE will need to address incoming phone calls and e-mails from customers addressing questions and concerns regarding PKA’s products and services, and may provide basic troubleshooting of technical problems relating to installations services provided. The TSE may also address concerns brought up by employees, such as operations and sales.
This position will span a wide range of industries, such as health-care, financial, retail, and State/Local Government and Education. A Technical Support Engineer will need to be experts of the products and services PKA provides, and stay up-to-date with product changes and new technologies.
Technical Support Engineer Tasks
- Provide field installations of HPE products which may include; installing devices in a rack, power-on-self-test, installation of components within a device (e.g. memory, disk drives, I/O modules)
- Enter commands and verify proper system operation
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Great analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Technical knowledge of the products and services PKA sells is very important (e.g. HPE, Aruba, 3Par, Microsoft, etc.)
- Ability to quickly learn about new technologies is required
- Manufacturers certification are a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering preferred
- Must be able to travel to PKA customer sites to perform their duties