System Engineers (“SE”) are responsible for the installation and configuration of computer systems for PKA’s clients. The SE will typically work in the field at client locations, providing engineering resources for servers, storage, and network environments which are purchased from PKA. The SE works closely with hardware and software manufacturers in order to lead and help define the overall solution, as well as attend various meetings with clients, team members, and manufacturers.
The SE is tasked with evaluating system and solution designs, documentation, reviewing changes, and following and/or establishing standard operating procedures. Must be able to troubleshoot computer problems, ensure that software (e.g. firmware, operating system) is up-to-date, and document build steps involved in installing and configuring the solution. Communication skills are extremely, as are interpersonal and customer service skills. The SE will work independently with minimal supervision as well as in team environments, and are required to keep their skills up-to-date by attending training classes, workshops and other means as appropriate.
Systems Engineer Tasks:
- Install and configure solutions provided by PKA Technologies (e.g. HPE products, Microsoft OS, VMware, etc.)
- Provides tier 2/3 technical support on PKA solutions such as; HPE servers, blades, storage and network products
- Ensure smooth integration of projects and systems.
- Verify proper system and solution operation
- May provide field installations of products and solutions which may include; installing devices in a rack, power-on-self-test, installation of components within a device (e.g. memory, disk drives, I/O modules)
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Great analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong technical knowledge of all products and services PKA sells (e.g. HPE, Aruba, 3Par, Microsoft, VMware, etc..)
- Ability to pass and maintain manufacturers product and services certifications
- Ability to quickly learn about new technologies is required
- Current manufacturers certifications are a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, information technology, computer science, or relevant field is a must
- Must be able to travel to PKA customer sites to perform their duties
- 5+ years of field experience
- Opportunity for focus in one or two major areas for advancement and grow with PKA