The Storage Solutions Architect is a resource dedicated to servicing our customers, supporting our sales team, and partnering with key vendors. This individual is responsible for designing solutions, providing subject matter expertise across a variety of products, and implementation services.
HPE, EMC, HDS, or NetApp enterprise storage certification is a requirement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate engagement with customer to meet quality/scope expectations and adhering time objectives.
- Lead advisory offering including scheduling, facilitating, documentation, and final presentation.
- Achieve high level of Customer Satisfaction on all consulting engagements by advocating process with project managers and technical consultants involved in solution delivery.
- Support account managers in presales activities.
- Articulate architectural/design concepts to product specialists and delivery consultants for further development.
- Manage technical consultants through project delivery lifecycle.
- Contribute in the development and delivery of solutions for focus area.
- Demonstrate ability to assemble customer ready final document deliverable from multiple project team members.
- Provide leadership and research capabilities supporting technical recommendations within advisory deliverables.
- Develop strong customer relationships and trust to secure future business.
- Assist and contribute in the development Statements of Work, proposals, Level of Effort, work breakdown schedules and engagement pricing.
- Professional and effective communication skills with written and verbal dialog to internal and external technical and management staff.
- Stay current with developments in the server and storage industry through professional associations, trade journals, networking and formalized training.
- Four year college or university certification; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills
- Expert Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Visio
- Experience with Storage Area Networks (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), Storage Resource Management (SRM) Project Management Institute (PMI, PMP), Tape Area Networks (TAN), Backup & Recovery (BR), Disaster Recovery (DR), Business Continuance (BC), Information Life Cycle Management, Hierarchical Storage management
- 2+ years experience of storage vendor hardware:HP, 3PAR, Dell, IBM
- 2+ years background in several multi-vendor environments with experience in multiple UNIX and Windows operating systems. Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Linux, Windows NT 4.0, Windows XP and 2000
- 2+ years experience in Storage Area Network and Network Attached Storage fiber channel switch/director hardware and management software: Brocade, McData, Cisco
- 2+ years experience in storage vendor software:
- EMC: TimeFinder, ECC Open Edition, SRDF, Navisphere product suite, SnapView, MirrorView, PowerPath, SRDF
- Network Appliance: SnapMirror and Restore, Snap Vault
- HDS: Business Copy, Cruise Control, HODM, HXRC, Shadow Image, True Copy
- HP: Open View, Continuous Access
- 2+ years experience in Veritas software: Volume Manager, Net Backup, Backup Exec, Cluster Server, File System, DMP, Veritas Volume Replicator, Foundation Suite
- 2+ years experience with Clustering software concepts: Veritas, Microsoft
- 2+ years experience with Backup and Recovery hardware and software: Legato, StorageTek, Veritas, Omniback, NDMP, Virtual tape platforms
- Current presales certifications for leading storage vendor(s)
PKA Technologies has many opportunities to work in emerging technologies and has excellent opportunities and compensation.
If you are interested in working at an exciting and growing company, join us now and accelerate your career.
For consideration, please submit your resume, work history and salary requirements in strictest confidence using our resume submission form.